Travel Quotes: Going Home

As you read this I’ll be flying somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, on my way to New York.

You’ll be hearing more about this surprise journey tomorrow. But for now, I’ll share that this is an all too-short temporary visit home and not an end to my travels. In one month’s time I’ll be heading back to Bangkok.

"No one realizez how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow" Lin Yutang

That news makes this week’s travel quote all the more appropriate. I love this quote, and it sums up the way I hope this trip home makes me feel: revitalized and refreshed and excited to get back on the road.

I have so much more to share about my holiday adventures, my first visa run, and living the expat life in Koh Tao, you won’t even know I’m back on my home continent. Stay tuned for more tomorrow.

As usual, I couldn’t make up my mind and posted both quote treatments I was playing around with. Which do you prefer, the cab or the plane wing?

Receive new posts to your inbox! Enter your email address below:

17 Responses to “Travel Quotes: Going Home”

1. Sophie says:

I vote for the cab one. Have a nice trip home:)
    Sophie recently posted..Welcome to Protein Diet For Vegetarians

2. Kathryn says:

I like the plane wing….

I prefer the plane wing but it is harder to read the 4th line because the contrast between the font color and the sky is not distinct enough

4. They are both gorgeous! Enjoy your time in NYC darling!!!
    Andi of My Beautiful Adventures recently posted..My Wedding & Honeymoon: Day 13

5. Chet says:

I like the plane wing. It, somehow, reflects or mimics the serenity of the sentiment to me.

6. John says:

I like the cab picture better…very NYC and indicative of home. Thanks for sharing.
    John recently posted..Visiting Richmond, Virginia – The Local’s Take with Megan of ‘A Suitcase and Stilettos’

7. I’m absolutely in love with your blog here. I’m a huge traveler myself, but have been putting a lot of it on hold since I’m working to become completely debt free. Only 3 months left!!! Your site has reminded that traveling doesn’t have to be expensive, as long as you create wonderful memories in the process. I’m super jealous of all the wonderful places you’ve visited. I’ve been to Mexico, South Africa and lots of places in the US, and I can’t wait to start traveling again. Thanks again for the inspiration!
    Carrie – Careful Cents recently posted..Barter Currency, Where Time Really is Money

Hi Carrie! Thank you so much for your comment and compliment :) It sounds like you have some amazing travels under your belt and I’m sure many more ahead. Best of luck in your journey to debt-freedom! And you’re right… there’s no reason to go back into it after in order to travel!

8. Scarlett Rose says:

Plane wing seems better to me. After all it symbolizes the intimate nexus between home & serenity.

Thanks :-)
    -Scarlett.
    Scarlett Rose recently posted..Lazy Monday

9. Julia says:

The plane wing evokes something special that a lot of people can relate to. Some may find their hearts in the city, some in rural villages, such as myself as I serve in Peace Corps Thailand, or in green, hilly countrysides. But the travel itself, no matter where it goes, is a passion all avid travelers carry within them.

Love this interpretation, Julia! Where in Thailand do you serve in the Peace Corps? Sounds like a fascinating job!

• Julia says:

I serve in rural, Central Thailand in Nakonsawan province. It is three hours north of Bangkok. And fascinating it is; it keeps me on my toes everyday. It’s wonderful to be able to share my American identity with Thai people and to learn the same about their traditional way of life. Speaking Thai is an added bonus.
        Julia recently posted..Meet Bangkok: The Beginning of Your Thai Travels