I cannot tell you what a joy it was to spend some time this week with my friends Wim and Dave from Grand Cayman. Honestly, it was just what I needed. The options for this round of Photo of the Week are a bit of a preview for of future posts about what we got up to in Chiang Mai!

Again I’m posting quite a few options. One adjustment to traveling solo is not having someone to help this indecisive blogger narrow things down!

Photo AZiplining in Chiang Mai

A unique perspective on the jungle at the Flight of the Gibbon zipline experience.

Photo B

Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai

The star attractions a Tiger Kingdom. I was apprehensive about visiting here after reading conflicting reports of drugging, etc. but ended up going anyway. Stay tuned for my full report and impressions.

Photo C

Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai

Okay, perhaps not a serious contender. But I must-ache you a question: why not?

Photo D

Doi Suthep Chiang Mai

It’s always difficult to photograph wats, especially ones as famous as Doi Suthep,  in an original way. I like to try to focus on the details…

Photo E

Doi Suthep Chiang Mai

Or sometimes just take advantage of a stunning post-storm sky.

Please leave your vote for Photo of the Week in the comments below!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In other news, blogger Angie of Angie Away recently spent time working in slums in Kenya and came away determined to make a difference. Her new project is an inspiring example of how we all can make a difference. I encourage you to check out her recent post, share it, and donate if you feel so moved! I’m sending her a check (well, a paypal donation) today!

40 Responses to “Photo of the Week 46”

1. Emma says:

photo D

love the rich gold, yellow and reds!

2. Our vote for the tiger baby!! Adorable :)
    Globetrottergirls recently posted..Happy Anniversary! Today we celebrate two years on the road

I recently “liked” your facebook page and saw you have a baby tiger photo as well! We’ll have to compare notes sometime :)

3. Kathryn says:

Ummmm, a little info about how you are safely in a cage with a tiger…even though he is clearly sleeping?????

4. Aunt Karen says:

Yes, I am with your Mom???

Like I said to her, you’ll have to wait a bit for the full story :) But rest assured, no Alexs were harmed in the making of that photo…

5. Bridget Ball Shaw says:

Photo C!!! But the others are fabulous too!

6. Amanda says:

D! The colors are so gorgeous
    Amanda recently posted..Photo of the Week (10)

7. Angie Away says:

Thank you so much for helping to spread the word about Adopt-a-Slum… we’re up to $375 so far =)
    Angie Away recently posted..Adopt-a-Slum in Kenya

8. Idun says:

Photo B…because tigers are awesome^^
    Idun recently posted..Walking to the top of Dumyat Hill

9. Gram says:

D is beautiful and unique. Gets my vote

10. Olivia says:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

C for sure because we rarely see you in pics…who took it? B is a close second. Great expression on the tiger and the paws are awesome!!!

The tiger handler did, actually! I adjusted all the settings and handed it over expecting the usual mess that happens when I hand over “the big camera” to a stranger but these guys must take pictures all day because they took some great ones!

12. John says:

The tigers make it tough, but I’ll have to go with the candles dripping wax. Nicely done.
    John recently posted..MoMA PS1 Art Museum in New York City – Unexpected Gallery Surprises

13. Andrea says:

I love B! But the one with you and the tiger is pretty amazing as well :)
    Andrea recently posted..Amusement Abounds! – Lotte World Seoul

14. Edna says:

I love D! And silly puns like must-ache. Thanks for pointing out Angie’s project, it looks like a great cause.
    Edna recently posted..I Love My Neighborhood: Singapore’s Balestier Road

Angie has one of my favorite travel blogs! Definitely worth following before, but spearheading a big fundraising effort like this makes me like her even more!

15. D!!! Love it, especially as I was there again today showing my Mum around! But C is a very close second for so many reasons :)
    Sarah Somewhere recently posted..Travel Gear (Uncut)

16. Karen a Opalka says:

B because of the juxtaposition of head and paws, besides the fact that that tiger is waaaaay too cute, and really, IN THE CAGE???????????????

I assure you, it was totally safe, or they wouldn’t let tourists do it, right? Ha! Well that is what I told myself but I don’t think it really holds true in Southeast Asia :)

17. Lauren says:

C!!!!!

18. I vote tiger baby! These make me miss Chiang Mai so much! I lived there for a month and have lots of tiger kingdom pictures as well. I hadn’t heard of any mistreatment of the tigers but I’d be interested in hearing what you heard…

19. Dan Thompson says:

B for sure! I keep seeing these pictures and am dying to go there… if for no other reason then to interact with those tigers! Love it!

Dan
    Dan Thompson recently posted..POTW: Seattle Skyline at Night

Stay tuned for a full post to come about the experience… with many more photos! It was a very, very cool experience.

20. [...] with the Tigers in Chiang Mai When my trip to Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai was previewed during a Photo of the Week, commenters had many insightful questions, mostly along the lines of this: What exactly is it that [...]