Can you believe that I used to post just ONE photo each week for this feature? My indecisiveness clearly knows no bounds, because this week we’re up to eight.

This week I’m posting from Ton Sai beach in Krabi, Thailand. This is a totally new destination for me, and one I’m actually glad I didn’t research more. Had I done so, the lack of Internet might have kept me away (I’m currently blogging via the global data plan on my iPhone!), and then I might have missed out on the most insanely beautiful place I’ve ever visited in Thailand. I spend most of the day staring slack-jawed at the unreal scenery in front of me before snapping out of my reverie and jumping around screaming “Does everyone see this? Is this really happening right now?!”

Yeah, it’s that good. For more Photo Of The Minute style updates, check out my Instagram feed (link in sidebar). But for now, onto Photo of the Week…

Photo A
Babaloo Bar Koh TaoOne of my favorite spots on Koh Tao — the super funky Babaloo Bar.

Photo B
20130304-120604.jpg
The Full Moon Party happened. Big time. Hence this week’s sporadic post schedule!

Photo C
20130304-120559.jpg
My big “try something new!” experiment for the week: trapeze lessons! Can’t wait to tell you more.

Photo D
20130304-120504.jpg
Alas, I said goodbye to Koh Tao for the millionth time. Doesn’t get easier.

Photo E
Railay Beach Thailand…However, the pain was eased by my arrival in Railay, easily the most scenic place I’ve been in Thailand.

Photo F
20130304-120525.jpg
Yesterday we rented a kayak and explored the different beaches, caves and coves.

Photo G
20130304-120551.jpg
I know there was a fire dancing photo thrown in the mix last week, but in my defense: I didn’t know that this week’s would be so much better!

Photo E

Rock Climbing Railay

And finally, the real reason people come to Railay — to rock climb! It’s SO much harder than it looks. As always, can’t wait to share more beyond these teasers…

Which photo is your favorite? Tell me why in the comments below!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Psssst! Check out my interview this week with Amanda from A Dangerous Business! It’s my favorite interview yet.

29 Responses to “Photo of the Week 90”

1. zoomingjapan says:

Wow, I love the color of the ocean!
    Great photos!

I just visited Okinawa (Japan) in January, but had bad weather 2 weeks straight, so I didn’t get to take any nice beach / ocean photos.

2. Olivia says:

Photo C!! So bummed I didn’t make it to trapeze last visit… guess I’ll have to go back!

3. Chris Shaw says:

“E!” he said, after coming back from 3 miles at 25 degrees with flurries! ;>}}}BRRR

4. Kathryn Allen says:

Photo D says “I heart Ko Tao” so perfectly.

5. wes says:

I abstain this week, they’re all pretty bad*

(*may or may not be because I’m jealous, as I’m in Melbourne)**

(** this is a wigout given I promised to make a hilarious comment, but I just can’t bring myself to do it)

6. Jade says:

Glad to see you back online! I don’t know what I would do without my AlexinWanderland fix, especially while I am slogging away writing my dissertation!

Can’t wait to here about your time at the Full Moon- so many people hate on it but if you are sensible it is just an amazing party! I mean you are dancing on the beach until sunrise, how is that bad?!
    Jade recently posted..Memory Lane Monday: Early morning welcome in Mombasa

You’re too sweet Jade :) Thank you! And yes… lots of dishing about the Full Moon Party to come. But if you can’t wait, look through my archives… I’ve been before :)

7. Photo D is perfect for a project my friend is doing in honor of her late son (http://chainlinkheartproject.blogspot.com/). I know some photos aren’t for sharing, but I’m sure she’d love to have your contribution from Thailand if you feel like passing it along.
    Emily in Chile recently posted..Saturday in Santiago: BocaNariz Wine Bar

8. Love this blog! I just was in Railey Bay photographing a wedding in December. Seriously the best trip of my life so far, I can’t wait to get back! So glad you are enjoying it :)

Photo E is my fav…makes me miss it! :)

9. Helen says:

My favourite photo is the last, just because I would never think of rock climbing with Thailand – changed my perception!
    Helen recently posted..Stepping back onto the Soren Larsen

10. [...] went offline entirely for a miserable 18 hours. So in case you missed them, be sure to check out Photo of the Week 90 (I need your votes!), Bumming Around Bangkok, and Discovering Scuba Diving in Koh [...]

11. Girl, you are easily one of the best blogger photographers online! E wins this time!!!
    Andi of My Beautiful Adventures recently posted..Buenos Aires, Argentina: Recoleta Cemetery (Part 3)

12. Kristen Noelle says:

C, D, G, F, and E! (As you see, I can be just as indecisive… Why must you take such great pics!?!)

I’m in awe of how many different corners of Thailand you find and everything you get yourself into. Your adventures may just be the reason I go back!!

Kristen that is such a sweet and lovely comment, thank you so much! Sometimes I feel like I’m being quite lazy in my travels but I guess active times like this make up for it :) Hope you make it back to Thailand soon!

13. Jen says:

I love D because those are the types of pictures I love to capture on my trips. I’m so jealous right now — it looks like you’re having a blast!
    Jen recently posted..Eeeeee… time to start running!

14. aftri says:

Hi Alex!

I really enjoy to read your blogposts. Last time I read about Ayutthaya. Now that I read others, I regret coming to Thailand only for 6 days and only around Bangkok (though still have one day to explore Ayutthaya) :lol:

Great writings ;-)